Wednesday, December 23, 2009

My Afternoon with Maud

This afternoon: boy, did I lounge around. But I also finished making and crafting together all of my give-to Christmas gifts. I have been enjoying Eric Rohmer's series of The Six Moral Tales. One of my favorite's is My Night at Maud's. It is a black&white French New Wave film. Set in Clermont, France with Winter as the backdrop. What seems to be a simple film about a man searching for love, it is French, and as we all know, French films are always more complex than they initially seem to be.




There is something nice with black&white movies. They are simple in themselves.
What are some of your favorite black&white movies, please share.
Now that the sun has set and the temperature outside has dropped. It is due time for me to continue reading Little Women with a cup of hot cocoa by the fire.
I leave with a parting gift of black&white (slightly shook) simplicity.

No comments: