Monday, September 21, 2009

What a lazy summer.
When thinking back on these past few months I can't get out of my head Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong's rendition of, "Summertime"
Summertime and the livin' is easy,
Fish are jumpin', and the cotton is high
Oh your daddy's rich and your ma is good lookin',
So hush little baby, don't you cry
One of these mornings
You're goin' to rise up singing
Then you'll spread your wings
And you'll take to the sky.

Perhaps this is me; rising and singing. I have completed my senior year. I have completed my four years of college education. I have my degree. The summer was lazy. I can acknowledge that openly, but now I feel motivated to spread my wings and take to the sky.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cindy at LottieBird said...

You're back!
I'm so happy to hear and see you again!